Walking into a store to buy your home fitness equipment can turn into a very overwhelming experience if you’re not sure what you’re looking for. There are very many types of equipment, all coming with different features, making it a tasking issue when it comes to choosing the right one for you. In this article, we are going to look at some of the things to consider when purchasing a treadmill, so that it is easier on you the next time that you’re out shopping for one.
Never ever buy a treadmill you don’t have an opportunity to try first
Whenever you’re buying any piece of fitness equipment, you should always try it out first to get a feel of how it works. You. It should fit and feel right, something that is something that very many people overlook and end up picking a treadmill that isn’t fit for them. Many people rely on reviews, but despite the fact that it is a good way of determining the performance of a product, testing out the product before purchasing it should also be done.
Space and placement
The treadmill units come in all sorts of sizes, and depending on the amount of space that you have, you can get to choose. If the space is very limited, you might want to consider a folding treadmill that can be stored away to create space.
Don’t think that just because you plan on walking that the motor isn’t important
Many people think that just because they will be walking, the motor of the treadmill won’t be used as much, but this is a misconception because in many cases, it creates more work for a motor than running. This is because the foot spends more time on the surface due to the slow speeds, creating a drag effect. When the motor is running fast ii uses inertia.
The Best Home Treadmill for You
We are now going to review some treadmills as we try and figure out the best home treadmill, so that it is easier for you when you go shopping for one. Purchasing a treadmill can be a tricky affair if you don’t know what you’re looking for. They all come in different price ranges to suit your pockets.
Top Rated Treadmills Over $500
Winner: NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill
This treadmill offers you an ever expanding library of workouts, Google Maps training routes, and automatic stats tracking. The one touch controls mean that users can control the speed and incline settings at the touch of a button. It comes with 20 built in workout modes to ensure that you work out properly. It also comes with an iPod audio port and built in speakers so that you can listen to your favorite music as you work out. NordicTrack offers an impressive 25-year warranty on the motor and a 1-year warranty on parts and labor.
- Digitally adjust your incline up to 10 percent to add intensity to your workout and target specific muscle groups
- Get the training you want with 20 built-in workouts designed by a Certified personal trainer to help you achieve your fitness goals
- 6 CHP drive System
- Plug your iPod or other MP3 device into the console sound System to stay motivated with your workout playlist
- 20″X55″ tread belt
Best Runner-Up: 3G Cardio Pro Runner Treadmill
This is probably the priciest treadmill on this list, coming in at $2,000, and it is made for home use. It features an extended running surface that consists of a 58″ long running belt, suitable for long strides, even coming with a 3.0 horsepower motor that is made to keep up. This treadmill comes with a digitally adjustable motorized incline, which can go up to 15%., and a top speed of 12 mph. the inbuilt programs include 8 ready-made programs, the ability to add two custom programs, one fat burning program, one aerobic program and one manual program.
- Built in Heart Rate Interactive Plus Monitor
- Treadmill Belt Size 20.5 x 58inches, Assembled Dimensions: 74 L x 35 W x 58.5 H inches, Folded Dimensions: 40 L x 35 W x 65 H inches
- 0 Horsepower continuous duty DC motor
- 5 year parts warranty
- 350 lb. max user weight
Best Treadmill Under $500
Winner: Merax JK1603E Folding Electric Motorized Treadmill
This easy to use treadmill comes with a stylish contemporary design. It can also be folded and stored to save on space. When using this treadmill, the user can monitor time, calories, distance, speed, and heart rate on the LCD display and choose from pre-set interval training programs and manual program with easy-to-use interface. The pre-set programs alternate between high intensity and low intensity recovery periods to improve your aerobic capacity and burn calories after your workout. It comes with a 1 warranty on frame and motor.
- Perfect size and folding design great for home Use and contains rolling wheels on the bottom providing simple Transport
- Multi-functional display that allows user to Track progress in speed, distance, heart RATE and calories burned
- An extremely low noise motor and a safety emergency stop key for your safety, especially pleasant design including safe and convenient
- Excellent deck provides useful cushioning for ankle, back and knee joints which helping your muscles recover faster from workout
Best Runner-Up: Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
This treadmill features a 2-position manual incline and comfort cell cushioning, making it the ultimate exercise machine. Each of the workouts is designed by a Certified Personal Trainer for the ultimate experience, the incline easy to change and adjust. It features 6 personal trainer workouts and an easy pulse heart rate monitor.
- Space saver design. This treadmill can fold up.
- Six personal trainer workouts.
- Two-position incline.
- Comfortable cushioning.
Top Alternative: Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill
This treadmill comes with handrail controls for quick adjustments, a built-in phone and tablet holder, and easy folding for when you’re done working out. Using the LCD, users can keep track of time, speed, and calories. It comes with 9 preset workouts, and a three position manual inclines.
- 20 Peak HP drive system with 15.75in x 48.82in running surface
- Easy folding mechanism and soft drop system to help you unfold your treadmill safely
- Handrail controls that allow you to control speed, start and stop
- 9 Built-in workout programs; large LCD display and smart phone/tablet holder
- Choose between 3 options of incline levels; Max user weight: 220 Lbs. Pause function – Press the stop button once to stop the belt and pause your run while keeping your current data and running stats intact.
The treadmill is a great way to workout in your home if the weather or other conditions won’t allow you to do so outside. There are several features that you can choose from in the treadmills you choose. The reviews above should make it easier for you to decide on the one that works best for you. Remember to try it out before you purchase.