People’s definition of camping will differ depending on the person who is describing it. For some people, camping is already glamorous. In fact, some people call it glamping because they can have all of the amenities that will keep their stay comfortable while they are out in the wilderness. There are also some people who do basic camping which means that they will pack all of the essentials that will help them survive their camping trip.
For some people, camping can only be called real camping if they would do extreme camping. This means that they are going to bring minimal items. Some people will not even bring food because they are determined to find the food they need to eat while they are in forests or in the mountains. It will depend where people would like to camp.
This is only recommended for people who consider themselves to be strong and skilled when they are outdoors. If you have never even tried camping before, then do basic camping first before attempting this. You need to find the right items first. You can find quite a few at TentsAndCampGear.com. Some of these items are so good that you would like to have them with you at all times.
These are just a few more items that you need to bring with you when you go extreme camping to be sure that you will find it easier to survive:
- Knife – A pocket knife is very versatile and will be easy to pack. You would need it whenever you have to cut through some items or when you are trying to clean your food. There are so many things that you can use it for so make sure that this is one of the first things that you will pack.
- Paracord – This is an item that may seem so small but it can also save you in some dire situations. You can use it as a rope or you can use it to secure some of your items. You can use it for so many things. Make sure to purchase the original version so that it will not fail you.
- Mat – Bringing a tent and a sleeping bag can be a little bit too bulky. A mat can be as effective in providing your needs. It will allow you to sleep on the ground in a more comfortable manner. This will also protect you if it would rain while you are sleeping or if you have set up your makeshift shelter near something wet like the swamp.
- Lighter – Sure, it would be great if you know how to make fire but if you want to make things faster and easier, just bring a handy lighter with you. It will allow you to start fire immediately so that you can keep yourself warm and cook food. It is very handy too.
- Proper Clothing – There are a lot of people who suffer from their camping trip because they do not wear the right clothing. Make sure that you will pack clothes that will keep you warm and safe.
Take note that no matter how familiar you are with the place where you are going to camp, there is still a chance that you will get lost. Make sure that you know the proper places to go.